1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Methods of Checking All My Ancestors have been added to Lost Cousins

Discussion in 'Advanced techniques for experienced users' started by Jacqueline, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Lol

2. cfbandit

cfbandit LostCousins Member

Mundia is supposed to be Ancestry's great experiment in people who only want to track their family trees. However, your information might be on there and you don't even know it - I found two of my public test trees on there and I never put their information on the site. Ancestry did it of its own accord. And you can see names and dates of people from public Ancestry trees on there - so for a person like me, if I'm hunting for general clues about where other people think about a particular person, I tend to try searching on there first since I don't have an Ancestry subscription.

Nothing's been updated on it in terms of site features for awhile. I suspect Ancestry will kill it off in the next few years, so its an interesting site to use while its still around.

3. Liberty

Liberty LostCousins Megastar

I have a basic, non-paying ancestry subscription (and a tree that I abandoned at an early stage). However, this is sufficient for me to log on to Mundia and send messages to people whose tree appears there. I'm not expecting to meet up with a second cousin, or anything like that, but for a free service it does offer quite a lot of possibilities of making contact.

4. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

I'm still not entirely sure what it does that the ancestry main site doesn't do?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Liberty

Liberty LostCousins Megastar

You might have to ask Ancestry for the correct answer to that.

My understanding of Ancestry is that you can search all sorts of 'documents' for a particular person, and one of the possible sources it may throw up is that this person is in a family tree. If this is the case, you can (presumably depending on your subscription) see the tree, &/or contact the owner. With Mundia it is ONLY family trees that are offered but you can see the 'profile' (time-line) see the whole tree, navigate round it to other relatives and send messages to the tree owner. I don't know if you can do these with an Ancestry subscription, but you can't without one.