1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Cousins for Christmas

Discussion in 'Meeting my 'lost cousin'' started by peter, Dec 8, 2016.

1. BrianTunWells

BrianTunWells LostCousins Member

Remember "Mighty oaks from little acorns grow!" and your tree is no exception.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. ShirleyS

ShirleyS New Member

The more names you add, the greater the chance of finding lost cousins and the more info, help and maybe even photos they may share with you!

3. uncle024

uncle024 LostCousins Star

We have over 1300 people entered and I maybe your lost cousin, so please enter some people in your ‘My Ancestors’ page.

4. Hamutal

Hamutal Member

What have you got to lose.......add a rellie or two!

• Good tip Good tip x 1
  5. kinsbourne

kinsbourne New Member

This is a perfect possibility of finding out more about your roots and, with your information, helping others to discover their origins.

6. Charlotte26

Charlotte26 LostCousins Member

The best tip for uncovering your family history without any hint of uncertainty has to be Lost Cousins.

7. FamilyHistoryGal

FamilyHistoryGal LostCousins Member

With extended breaks over Christmas and New Year, take time to add more ancestors/relatives to your My Ancestors on Lost Cousins

8. cfbandit

cfbandit LostCousins Member

Its so easy to do, and you never know what you might find!

The people who are members at LostCousins are the kindest, most generous family historians - help them back by entering some more ancestors!

9. FamilyHistoryGal

FamilyHistoryGal LostCousins Member

10. MaggieL

MaggieL LostCousins Star

A seemingly distant relative may lead you to new discoveries; give it a go.

11. les.the.paperman

les.the.paperman LostCousins Member

If you don't try it you'll never know if it works.

12. DianeSG7

DianeSG7 LostCousins Member

It is so exciting when you find a cousin you didn't know existed, you may even get to meet each other.

13. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

LostCousins provides a 100% guarantee of matches identified . . . but can only do so if more than one person enters each census reference.

14. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Thanks to everyone whose suggestions were used - sometimes with minor edits - in the newsletter. But keep the ideas coming as I'll be emailing your cousins direct next week!

15. MelG

MelG LostCousins Member

I may have found the five cousins found by Lost Cousins through other means, but it wouldn't have been as quick & I wouldn't have been able to contact them.

16. CeliaR

CeliaR New Member

I found a 4th cousin who had some photos which were taken when her branch of the family emigrated to Canada - it was an absolute WOW moment when she emailed me an image of a daguerreotype of my great great great grandfather!

17. SandraHS

SandraHS LostCousins Member

Particularly agree with Diane and I'm hoping to meet some of my 'new' cousins. Best of all are the ones who come up with photos as I have almost none of my ancestors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Same here!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CarolB08

CarolB08 LostCousins Member

If you don't put in a name you can't find out any new cousins.

20. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

I have found two second cousins, each from a different branch, and one first cousin; plus photos!