1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Cousins for Christmas

Discussion in 'Meeting my 'lost cousin'' started by peter, Dec 8, 2016.

1. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Please post your one-sentence suggestions in this discussion.

Many thanks,
    Peter

2. Julien

Julien LostCousins Member

I found a whole army of cousins in New Zealand........ my third cousin there (found online) was the catalyst also for finding closer cousins in Devon including the first cousin of my father.

3. HowardS

HowardS LostCousins Star

FINDING lost cousins is FUN but doesn't FORCE you to beFRIEND them!

4. searcher248

searcher248 New Member

Any information entered, from even the most distance of relatives, may mean discovering a lost cousin and uncovering otherwise unknown avenues of research - nothing ventured, nothing gained!

5. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

What a great start - keep it up!

6. Peter356

Peter356 LostCousins Member

The more names you add to your "My Ancestors" page the better the changes of finding a lost cousin.

7. JanF

JanF New Member

We have over 500 ancestors entered who are waiting to meet their Lost Cousins.

8. Leona5329

Leona5329 LostCousins Member

'Footprints in history aren't made by sitting down' - get on to the computer and by entering a few details you could add to YOUR family history - and meet a few new cousins on the way!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Patricia

Patricia Member

Some of us have become 'nomadic', find out where your cousins have put down new roots.

10. Aidan

Aidan New Member

We work best when we work together - your cousins need you to add your/more relatives and, when you start getting matches, you'll soon find you'll need your cousins to expand your knowledge

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MaureenL

MaureenL New Member

"Meeting" my American cousin online meant that I found out that my "mystery" photograph was our mutual great great great great grandfather; I knew his name, birth and marriage dates and places, but now I have a whole host of fascinating stories about him.

12. sally52

sally52 LostCousins Member

My “found” cousin in Louisiana revealed another lost cousin who bears my great grandfather’s name, and our links to some amazing stories of 19th century American social and industrial history. Wow!

13. Lorilee D

Lorilee D Member

The "Key" to solving those mysteries is adding to "My Ancestors" page!

14. sarah333

sarah333 Member

Every day counts in searching for unknown cousins, as even "lost cousins" don't live forever!

15. KeithB

KeithB New Member

What are you waiting for? Your lost cousins are just a "Click" away.

16. jkgla

jkgla New Member

Get connected by adding some ancestors & find out who you really are!

17. Val

Val LostCousins Star

New friends, relations and exciting stories are all to be found once you've entered your cousins into Lost Cousins - so what are you waiting for, help is only a click or two away.

18. FamilyHistoryGal

FamilyHistoryGal LostCousins Member

Family history became much easier with the new GRO indexes; now go the whole hog and add more ancestors/relatives to your "My Ancestors" on Lost Cousins!

19. dpwoodies

dpwoodies New Member

Find My Past - My Ancestors opened up previously unknown lineages/cousins etc for me and my family

20. BrianTunWells

BrianTunWells LostCousins Member