1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  3. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  4. Coronavirus Corner - a place to share your hopes, dreams, and frustrations.
  5. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

1921 census release

Discussion in 'More British Isles Resources' started by webwiz, Mar 15, 2021.

1. webwiz

webwiz LostCousins Star

I can't find any mention of this elsewhere on this forum but apologies if I've missed it.

Does anyone know when we might expect it?

2. Tim

Tim Moderator Staff Member

Release date is Jan 2022

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Tim's right about the England & Wales census (it has been mentioned several times in my newsletter), but the Scotland census should be out this summer.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. At home in NZ

At home in NZ LostCousins Star

As per usual FMP gets priority. I found an (older) announcement in this link.
    I look forward to seeing the 'greater detail' in the last paragraph.

5. Tim

Tim Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if it's safe to assume that it will only be on FMP for a year or so before being available on other sites?

6. At home in NZ

At home in NZ LostCousins Star

Probably. Like the 1939 register was.
    A friend of mine has said 'I expect that at the beginning they will charge extra for it.'

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

Not quite Peter. There is a one line comment on the Scottish National Archives website that says the census will be available in 2021 and a host of people have jumped on the bandwagon to take this as oh well that must mean exactly 100 years to the day after the census was taken. Scotlands People have since confirmed that they have yet to make an announcement on the date and don't expect it to be this summer.

8. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

The period will depend on the terms of the contract, though it's likely to more like 2 years than 1.

But what's not safe to assume is that it will be included in existing FMP subscriptions - because of the vast investment involved neither the 1911 Census nor the 1939 Register were when first released, and in both cases subscription prices went up when they were eventually added.