1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Version 7.0.0 Available plus early MAC version available

Discussion in 'Family Tree Analyzer' started by Alexander Bisset, Oct 31, 2018.

1. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

Oh good - I would then check for phantom marriages as well, just in case. (I think detaching the phantom spouses is what creates those types of marriages and thus more errors in FTA!)

2. Helen7

Helen7 LostCousins Superstar

I've now removed all the fake spouses following jorghes' excellent instructions and errors in FTAnalyzer have now all disappeared. FTAnalyzer has proved invaluable in spotting these 'invisible' errors. I have just downloaded v1.0.4.2 and look forward to trying this out. I have entered lots of relatives on the Lost Cousins site but not recorded them as Lost Cousins facts in my FTM tree, so that's another job on the 'to do' list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Helen7

Helen7 LostCousins Superstar

Good point, but as the errors have disappeared from FTA it's probably OK for the moment (I hope!). But it's certainly something to keep an eye out for in future when syncing with Ancestry. Thanks again for your help.

4. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

No problems, I was happy to help.

5. PhilGee

PhilGee LostCousins Member

I have had this problem which I attributed to a sync failure and used the "spouse count" to correct some. I also noticed that using the "List of all people" drop-down entry of "Find Person" on the Ancestry tree display resulted in a corresponding number of people with just a "," at the start of the list.

Phil