1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

To pass something on to my children

Discussion in 'How I got started in Family History' started by RichardJB, Jan 30, 2015.

1. RichardJB

RichardJB LostCousins Member

Various pieces of family folklore had trickled down to me but it was obvious that an awful lot was being lost in the process. I decided that, in a fast moving world, providing an understanding of where they had originated would be one of the best gifts I could provide my children. I am now addicted.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Carla

Carla LostCousins Star

I'm addicted too!

Totally off the subject but I will say I almost felt this was an "I'm Sparticus" moment. You know, when everyone stands up and says that, except I am saying "I'm addicted too":D Oh dear maybe I am having a mad forum moment?

3. Josie

Josie Member

I also started researching FH to try and leave something for my children. They are not interested just now, but they could be in the future. Plus, once I had discovered one fact, I became driven to search and verify more, which has now become something of an addiction.

4. AdrienneQ

AdrienneQ Moderator Staff Member

Addicted us...:rolleyes: