1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

South Australian Cemeteries & Photos

Discussion in 'Australia - More resources' started by Cathy, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Cathy

Cathy Moderator Staff Member

Gravesecrets at your fingertips! is a great site. The aim is to photograph all headstones in SA and many areas are extensively covered. The site provides a list of names for each cemetery so although the date details are not given, I find it is the only place to discover the burial place for many.
    Photos are sold for a whole cemetery (various prices depending on the size of the cemetery) or $2.50 each.
    I've linked to the home page as it describes the project and extent. The name search is under the MORE link at the top of the page.
    I also note they are drifting into other states.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  2. Maid of Kent

Maid of Kent Member

South Australian Cemetery Directory
    Death, burial and cremation resources

South Australian cemetery resources containing burial registers, memorial inscriptions or
    headstone/plaque photographs.

Search our cemetery database for the location & history of 1,150 SA burial places, and for burials and cremations at Adelaide West Terrace, Alberton St Paul & Blakiston St James Anglican, Hindmarsh, Inverbrackie Presbyterian, Kensington Norwood Pioneers & St Matthew Anglican, Magill, McLaren Vale Congregational, Mitcham, Moculta Shannon, Morphett Vale Bains & Scotch, Mt Barker Catholic and Walkerville Wesleyan Cemeteries up to 1855; and up to the recent past at Andamooka Old & New,
    Bulls Creek Primitive & Cherry Gardens Wesleyan Methodist, Enfield Old Pioneer & Nailsworth North Road Anglican (only public burials up to 1900), Lower Wakefield St Joseph, Navan, Pinkerton Plains St
    Benedict & Salisbury St Augustine Catholic, Point Sturt Church of Christ, Angaston Lindsay Pk and
    Wilmington Cemeteries together with some SA lone graves

• Agree Agree x 1