1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  3. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  4. Coronavirus Corner - a place to share your hopes, dreams, and frustrations.
  5. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

My Dad said... it's in the family bible

Discussion in 'How I got started in Family History' started by CherylR, Apr 30, 2020.

1. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Member

My children had that same problem. Both my husband and I have sisters named Carol. And both Carol's married men named Don. So there were two Aunty Carol's and Uncle Don's in our family.

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I've just remembered another 'uncle' - someone who was an uncle to everyone who listened to the wireless - 'Uncle Mac'.

3. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

I have two Uncles with the same name on the same side of the family, but different spelling... so an Uncle Geoff and an Uncle Jeff... Otherwise I have plenty of duplicate names for Aunties and Uncles, but all within different contexts.

4. Susan48

Susan48 LostCousins Star

My maternal grandmother had two sisters who never married but always shared a house. The were known collectively as "The Aunts". One always wore blue and the other green. I do so wish I had written down all the family stories they told!

5. pjd

pjd LostCousins Star

I had 3 great aunts named Edith. To my sister & me they were Auntie Edie, Aunt Edith & Auntie Edgar - the only way we could distinguish the latter was to call her by husband's name!

• Creative Creative x 2
  6. Paul Reeve

Paul Reeve LostCousins Member

My granddaughter at 5 still calls my son “aunty Graham “ . My daughter in law is Aunty Ruth so two aunties. One day she’ll get it right but it’s quite funny at the moment

Paul

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1