1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  3. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  4. Coronavirus Corner - a place to share your hopes, dreams, and frustrations.
  5. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

Missing entries - GRO Online Index

Discussion in 'Any questions?' started by At home in NZ, Jun 21, 2020.

1. At home in NZ

At home in NZ LostCousins Star

I am looking at the GRO Index to ascertain a mother's maiden name but the entry is missing
    I can see the quarterly return in Ancestry and hope the typist had it right.

There is information about missing entries in the newsletter of 25 Dec 2019 but I cannot find an update.
    Is there an available list of the blocks of missing entries?

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

No, only the blocks that that LostCousins members found have been listed - there are many more missing blocks according to the GRO.

But it's easy to check whether your entry is part of a missing block if you use FreeBMD. Start by checking whether other entries on the same page are missing.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1