1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

How I Started in Family History

Discussion in 'How I got started in Family History' started by Colin Martin, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Colin Martin

Colin Martin LostCousins Member

I first got interested in Family history when in 1995 my sister and brother in law started investigating our ancestors. They were living in the very small village of Little Saxham, Suffolk. On a visit to the County Records Office in Cambridge, they found we had ancestors buried in the Little Saxham Churchyard which was very close to their home.. Rushing back to their village in which they had been living for ten years, they found under a lot of shrubbery the well preserved tombstone of our 4x Great Grandparents. After my brother in law passed on in 2006 I took over the research.

For eight years I have been in charge of a U3A Family History Group which keeps me on my toes.

Colin Martin.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1