1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Genealogy SA - South Australian Genealogy and Heraldry Society

Discussion in 'Australia - More resources' started by Siobhan, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Siobhan

Siobhan LostCousins Member

Genealogy SA has a number of online searchable data bases, with a broader year span of data than some of the data bases on Family History SA site.
    • Birth Registration Certificates Index 1842 - 1928
    • Death Registration Certificates Index 1842 - 1972
    • Marriage Registration Certificates Index 1842 - 1937
    I find it useful when searching for my spouse's family as in births for instance it gives the mother's name. This is useful when one has some oral family history to guide on.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 3
  2. Cathy

Cathy Moderator Staff Member

I was about to post this site.:) Note it also has newspaper birth and death indexes (from 1960 for births and 1972 for deaths so both post TROVE) and a cemeteries index. A great starting point for SA though information from some of the indexes is limited unless you pay a fee which I think is far too high.