1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

FTM/Ancestry link

Discussion in 'General Genealogical Queries' started by chrissy1, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Norman

Norman LostCousins Member

You will find this worth watching. Be aware though it's over an hour long. It's one of their excellent "Webinars".

2. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

That sounds reasonable, as long as Tim is not the only moderator and expected to be online 24/7. If a new discussion is waiting to be moderated, how long would that normally take and is there any message/indication visible to the post author that such a pause is in place?

I tried to start a new thread 24 hours ago, hoping to get some help/suggestions while it was still week-end in much of the World but that post seemed to get lost and I had trouble trying to find it and assure myself that it had not been deleted. Perhaps I should have posted in an existing discussion (which would not have been relevant) to avoid the start-up delay?