1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

FTA and FH5

Discussion in 'Family Tree Analyzer' started by john46, Sep 8, 2013.

1. john46

john46 LostCousins Member

does it go to my email or via this forum either way I have not seen one
    John

2. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

Top right on this webpage should be a button called Inbox. It will show red if you have messages waiting. You should have one from Tim and myself.

3. sheelak

sheelak LostCousins Member

I cannot see my original post or Tim's reply about checking my gedcom file for CENS or RESI. I followed the instructions but cannot see the entries.

What I have for each entry is:
    0@1266@ INDI
    1NAME
    1SEX
    1BIRT
    2DATE
    2PLACE
    1BAP
    2DATE
    1FAMC
    1RFN

I forgot to try the ControlF for Lostcousins

I hope I was looking in the right place. Like Katie, I am still trying to "get to grips" both FH and FTA!

4. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Hi Sheelak, here's a link to my post earlier in this discussion.

It doesn't look like you have any census or residence facts in that bit of data.

5. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Hi Sheelak,

Did you follow these instructions?

Yes, using CTRL F to look for RESI, or CENS and Lost Cousins is a good idea.

Also, when you load into FTA, on the GEDCOM Stats tab, it gives a count of how many census or residence facts it found, and in the next release it will give a count of how many Lost Cousins entries as well.

6. sheelak

sheelak LostCousins Member

Thank you Tim,

I have printed off your instructions and will have a go.

7. john46

john46 LostCousins Member

Tim, have now spent the last fortnight and worked my way thro all the census details and changed them to read as appeared and not experienced, can you explain on the colour coding where it is yellow and says census entry but no lost cousins flag set. Do I have to now do each one with a lostcousin fact and add a year to each one
    John

8. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

If you add a Lost Cousins custom tag with the year of the event to the person eg: an 1881 Lost Cousins entry then your family tree program will output that in the GEDCOM and FT Analyzer will recognise you have entered that person on the Lost Cousins website.

There is instructions here on how to add a Lost Cousins fact type to FH5.