1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Some new members aren't following the advice on posting links - please read it!
  3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. Both the main LostCousins site and this forum have been upgraded to that you can log-in securely. If you are not automatically taken to the secure site simply add https:// at the beginning of the URL.
  5. Guest - have you tested your DNA with Ancestry? Do you have English or Welsh ancestors, and do you know which counties most of them came from? If so please take part in my project by completing the NEW spreadsheet and uploading the results
  6. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join please register NOW!

Does anybody use the Family Historian program?

Discussion in 'Family Historian' started by BettyJ, Feb 28, 2017.

1. KC4

KC4 LostCousins Member

Alternatively.....

Select the person to be deleted in the Focus Window (which is the essential window in FH... with a magnifying glass icon).

Right click on that selected individual to open a short menu and then left click on the "Delete Record."

OR

Select the person to be deleted in the Focus Window.

Go to Edit on the top bar.

Left click and left click the "Delete" which appears in the menu.

OR

Select the person to be deleted in the Focus Window.

Press the "Delete" on the keyboard.

You should receive a warning message asking if you REALLY want to delete this record.

However, you could MERGE the two people, which can be a preferred policy.

For example:

Go to the Edit in the top bar.

Click the "Merge/Compare Records" that appears in the menu.

That bring up the Records Window for you to select which two records you wish to merge or compare. Select the two records (using their Record ID is probably best).

You can then compare the details in each record.

Importantly nothing is merged until you indicate you do wish to merge them.

And, if things don't work out as you intend, there is an "Undo" button in Edit menu on the top bar

Hope that helps.

Ken.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. Kate

Kate LostCousins Member

Getting on well with FH but wondered if anyone can confirm that media is saved in the programme as with Legacy.
    Rootsmagic media was saved separately on desk top and linked to tree.
    It would appear that FH is like Legacy but would like confirmation, thank you.

3. KC4

KC4 LostCousins Member

........... wondered if anyone can confirm that media is saved in the programme as with Legacy.

Yes, it does.

4. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Member

Thank you. I could not find a "drum" icon but was able to find the list and select "properties". Found the magnifying lens eventually and "delete record". The duplicate is gone. I have no idea why he was there in the first place but at least now I have the correct one.

5. Kate

Kate LostCousins Member

KC4, thank you.

6. KC4

KC4 LostCousins Member

upload_2019-7-5_10-49-18.png <<<<< This is what Phil called the "drum" icon; it is permanently the second tab in the sidebar below the magnifying glass symbol >>>> upload_2019-7-5_10-48-45.png

From that sidebar, the drum tab gives access to the Records list and the magnifying glass tab gives access to the Focus Window.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  7. PhilGee

PhilGee LostCousins Member

Correct, KC4 - it looks like an "oil drum" to me and back in the late 60's/early 70's the symbol was used for a computer storage drum (basically a cylinder with a magnetic coating, later replaced by disks).
    Phil

8. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Member

Ok, now I see it. On the side. I was looking across the top. Thanks. And all of my media came across with the gedcom from FTM.