1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Database problems at Ancestry?

Discussion in 'Ancestry' started by peter, Feb 27, 2018.

1. PhilGee

PhilGee LostCousins Member

jorghes, are your trees full duplicates, other than your problem person? A possible solution could be to unlink your trees in FTM (in the "sync now" drop-down under "plan"), delete the online tree and recreate it by uploading the FTM tree. This could require a lot of data transfer, of course, depending on tree size, citations etc. and will reset all the Ancestry "hints".

Alternatively, whilst the trees are unlinked, you could see if the "ghost" disappears/can be deleted and recreate the entry with minimal information. If so, you could then rename your FTM tree, link-download the Ancestry tree and merge the missing person from the renamed FTM tree. This would keep your "hints" unchanged on Ancestry.

Phil

2. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

They were full duplicates and my issue was with what you suggested was that I think the GEDcom beneath both trees was corrupted too. Ironically it's just fixed itself - I thought that I might be able to fix it by adding a duplicate of the individual and deleting the "ghost".. but once I did that, suddenly the ghost vanished and I had two!

So my ghost has vanished now. Strange.