1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

By Marriage or Blood relation

Discussion in 'Family Tree Analyzer' started by Doreen, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

I've had a look at the code and it sets the spouse relationship once, so at present its kind of random which family he is seen as part of first. In this case he is likely to have been seen as married to your direct ancestor. This then gave him the setting "Married to Direct/Blood" at present that then means he can't improve on that.

I've implemented a fix whereby if setting a relation type would make it a closer relation it does this rather than ignoring it this should fix your issue.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  2. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

Version 3.6.1.5 will now correctly deal with blood relatives who later marry direct relatives.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. Doreen

Doreen LostCousins Star

Thank-you! It wasn't so much problematic, as it was puzzling.