1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ancestry problems?

Discussion in 'Search tips - discussion' started by Norman, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Check back soon.

We're sorry but this feature is temporarily unavailable. We are undergoing routine maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and ask for your patience at this time. Check back with us shortly.

2. Tim

Some tree features are temporarily unavailable. During this time you may not be able to add new information to your tree. Thanks for your patience while we resolve this issue.

Why do they think I should be patient? Are they going to add back on all this lost time we're having?:rolleyes:

3. Tony

Tony LostCousins Member

There's an Ancestry blog message that gives a bit more information about the recent problems and their causes.

4. Tim

Hi Tony,

Thanks for posting that. I appreciate that systems have issues and need continuous improvement, in some cases, just to remain working.

However, as a subscriber who has paid for a years subscription, I'm not getting what I paid for. It has also caused a lot of extra work, when I tried to add a census to 2 parents and 4 children, 4 times it came back and said it had failed before it finally succeeded. But when I returned to the main screen, it had in fact added the children 4 times, which I then had to delete.

In cases like this where they have had multiple system outages, they should extend our subscription in recompense.

Just my thoughts. :)

5. Tony

Tony LostCousins Member

Does asking for that get you anywhere?

6. Tim

I've not tried, who would you ask?

7. Tony

Tony LostCousins Member

8. Tim

Hmmm, I guess its worth a go?

9. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

Previously I've had added days when there have been issues usually far more than the time I've lost.

10. Tim

So they do give back lost days then. Interesting.