1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

1901 census online

Discussion in 'How I got started in Family History' started by Margaret Fisher, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Margaret Fisher

Margaret Fisher New Member

I started researching my family history partly by accident when the 1901 census came online! I thought I would give it a try to see if I could find my grandparents - and I found them! I was so excited because I could see where they were living and who was in their household - I felt really close to them in seeing all of that. I then tried to find other people and I was hooked! I have now been able to go back to the 1600's with one of my lines due to wills and so on.

I wanted to see if I could find the father of one of my great aunts because she was born out of wedlock to my great grandmother - but no success there as yet.

I haven't done any research for quite a while because life gets in the way but intend to pick it up again now.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1