1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

1000th Message Result

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by Jennie, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

1000th Message.jpg Any results yet, please?

2. Liberty

Liberty LostCousins Megastar

It's crept up 4 since you posted that. Presumably yours counted as 1

3. Katie Bee

Katie Bee LostCousins Member

Did any one post the 1,000th message? - Or are you still checking to see if it met the guidelines? - or was it Peter himself!?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Carla

Carla LostCousins Star

Ditto!!!! Come on Peter do tell us. I am bursting with wanting to know......:)

5. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

It has been very difficult deciding who the winner of the competition was. The person who posted the 1000th message was actually one of the moderators, so he obviously couldn't be the prize winner. So now the question is whether we give the prize to the person who posted the message before, or the person who posted the message after.

We hope to have a winner soon - watch this space....

6. Katie Bee

Put the names in a hat and pull out the winner ! ? !

Can the 999th person win when the 1000th message had not yet been posted? So should the 1001st win because that was posted after the 1000th?

OOOOOOhhhhhhhh what a difficult decision.

Should the moderator be the winner anyway? But don't give a prize and hold it over to the 2000th post and hope for better luck with that!
    We will wait and see.

7. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

After much discussion it has been decided to award a free LostCousins subscription to BOTH members, so please welcome onto the podium:

Margery and JALimestonePlains

Congratulations to both of you - your LostCousins accounts have been updated.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jennie

:) :) Hearty congratulations to the both of you, may your postings on this forum bring you many more rewards and happiness :) :)
    [​IMG]

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Katie Bee

Congratulations Margery and JALimestonePlains.

The best decision in the end.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Carla

Carla LostCousins Star

Many congratulations to you both :D. Great decision Peter.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  11. Carol

Carol Member

That was a really nice way to sort it Peter, congratulations both of you.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  12. Siobhan

Siobhan LostCousins Member

Wow thank you Peter, it is most generous of you to do this. I am really thrilled:) Congratulations Margery. We are two lucky people:)

13. Jennie

That must have been a lovely surprise for you, I can hear it in your writing :) Well done and congrats again!!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Maid of Kent

Maid of Kent Member

Yes, congrats to both Margery and JALimestonePlain. Can I just say that on behalf of Margery I'm sure she will be delighted on return from her Easter break. Watch this space

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  15. Maid of Kent

Maid of Kent Member

What a lovely new picture you are showing JA, such elegance.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  16. Siobhan

Why thank you, my mother is now in her mid 90's - this was taken in Blackpool, no age on the back and she cannot quite remember the year it was taken.

Rather proud of her as at 93 years of age, and just after my father died, she decided to tackle the computer for the first time. Within a few months she was on Facebook, which she uses everyday to keep in touch with the family. As she is a bit of a night owl I can often catch her for a quick chat if I log on early enough in the morning.

17. Maid of Kent

Maid of Kent Member

Wow, that's impressive. I've only tried tackling Facebook once and was totally confused by all the messages by people I'd never heard of. She looks very young in the photo and if those are ankle socks, then I would say she wouldn't be more than about 16.

18. Siobhan

I will ask her again how old she thinks she was when I catch her on Facebook tomorrow. Good clue about the ankle socks, well spotted.

19. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

You should never normally see any messages from people you have never heard of on Facebook especially if you have only just signed up. If you login for the first time you shouldn't see any messages at all. Its only when you connect with family, friends and organisations that you see messages from those family, friends and organisations. The only time you'd see messages from people you don't know is if you post a public message to a someone on your friends list and they share it with their friends then one of their friends reply.

You would never get messages from random strangers, that's simply not how it works. Although that's how people think it works which is why they needlessly shy away from using the site. Try it its a really useful site to keep in touch with friends and family.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Well done to

Margery and JALimestonePlains

on winning this prestigious award.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1