1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

WWII War Diaries - where to find them

Discussion in 'Military records' started by Val, May 1, 2013.

1. Val

Val LostCousins Star

I spent some time at the National Archives in Kew looking at the WWII war diaries for the 172nd RASC. According to my fathers WWII war record (which took about a year to arrive!) he was in the 172nd and had gone over to France on D day or the day after so the war diaries were invaluable.

If anyone is interested in looking at them you need to search catalogue WO171

Unfortunately you do need to go to Kew to look at them, but you get to see the original documents and you can either photocopy them or photograph them. They are a really interesting and may just get you a bit further.

Good luck
    Val

• Good tip Good tip x 1