1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

WW2 Jersey

Discussion in 'Channel Islands' started by Kate, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Kate

Kate LostCousins Member

As an offshoot of my family tree I have a family who left the Uk to go to Jersey between 1931 and 1939.
    The father returned to England in Nov 1939 and had to apply to go back to his wife and 3 children after the war. He worked as a trolley bus driver in the UK and was a driver in Jersey.
    I am wondering why they would have gone there as I can find no family links. Also why would he leave his family in November 1939 after war was declared?
    I realise nobody will know exactly but wonder if anyone has any thoughts.
    I know the wife survived the war as my great uncle visited her in Jersey after 1945. Sadly I didn't know about this in his life time, or I would have asked him this!!

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I would imagine that he wanted to help the war effort - see Wikipedia.

3. Kate

Kate LostCousins Member

That is quite possible, thank you. Interesting article.