1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

WW1 Football team

Discussion in 'Military records' started by Carla, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Carla

Carla LostCousins Star

I thought you all might like to take a look at the photo i have of my grandfather in his football team, some time in WW!. I have no idea where they are, but it helped me to try and narrow down proof he was in the Royal Artillery, (which is what i have been told). The only other picture i have of him in his WW1 uniform doesn't show much detail, and he is not wearing his cap which would show the regimental badge. If you look carefully at one of the footballers at the back of the group he appears to be wearing the RA cap? Oh for more details. :rolleyes: For the record my grandfather is in the front row, first left kneeling.
    Joseph Martin - front row, first left, kneeling.jpg Joseph Charlie Martin WW1.JPG

2. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

Thanks, Carla, yet another fine head of hair!!

• Agree Agree x 1