1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Wills

Discussion in 'More Norfolk Resources' started by Liberty, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Liberty

Liberty LostCousins Megastar

This gave me the idea to look for wills in Norfolk. There are images online (apparently free) of a number of 19th century probates (is that a word?)

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

Certainly is connected, Liberty :) It's actually the official proving of a will. Looks a very useful website for some!

3. Liberty

Just looked at it and right off found my GG GF's signature when he was one of the adminsitrators for the estate of my GG GM's aunt in 1849.
    Coo!

4. Liberty

..and HIS grandfather (my 4G GF) in relation to his son who died Antigua March 1811 aged 21 years.
    Sorry, people, more exciting for me than it is for you, I know.....

5. AnneC

AnneC LostCousins Star

We're excited for you. It's always so good to see things that were actually written by your ancestors, or even about them at the time. A lot of my ancestors were in the navy, and most service records give physical descriptions (including marks & tattoos) which I find fascinating, especially if I can relate similarities to living descendants.