1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Viewing Custom Maps

Discussion in 'Family Tree Analyzer' started by Alexander Bisset, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

Do any of you have any maps you own a copy of that you'd like to view in FT Analyzer. I'm thinking of perhaps the sort of thing that I have is sheets from a Victorian 1896 OS map of Scotland (ie: paper sheets). I've scanned them and had them as files on disk for some years. Others may have copies of maps purchased on CD etc that are historic maps.

I've added in 3.2 the ability to tick a box to view this map in FT Analyzer so I can now see my Victorian OS maps whilst I find places and edit their location on the map. Naturally these maps are copyright so I cannot distribute them I can however instruct others in how to turn their paper/digital historic maps so they too can be viewed in FTA.

So if you have such a map let me know and I can get you to test out my instructions.
    NB. as of the time of writing the beta testers are still at work on 3.2 and its not yet public.