1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

updating death dates

Discussion in 'Family Tree Analyzer' started by trebor, Mar 24, 2024.

1. trebor

trebor LostCousins Member

I have used FTA to create a basic tree which it has done very well however where there is an empty death event in my original tree FTA has inserted before 23 MAR 2024 and if there is no death event UNKNOWN is inserted. Is there a setting so that I can change the way FTA handles an empty death event or is there a way that FTA will update the entry to the recommended date ("Can be updated to" column in Loose Deaths report)? There are quite a lot of these so to change them manually would be very time consuming.

2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Hi Trebor,
    FTAnalyzer can't update your original tree. Unfortunately you're going to have to update the data in your original tree.
    There is a FaceBook Users Group that you could ask what others have done? https://www.facebook.com/groups/ftanalyzer

3. trebor

Thanks Tim - I was hoping that it could modify the GEDCOM file that it creates when creating the minimalist DNA GEDCOM or allow me to choose what it enters into the blank death event.

4. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

It's a bit weird, I don't see this issue with my DNA tree.

5. trebor

On closer inspection the BEF date is inserted when the GEDCOM is opened by FTA - Alexander Bisset is looking at it after a post on the Facebook group you recommended. Thanks for your interest.

• Agree Agree x 1