1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Updated Ancestry member search

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by peter, Oct 23, 2019.

1. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Ancestry have soft-launched an enhanced member search - you can try it here

2. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

Peter, I clicked on the link but just got my page in Ancestry, but nothing about a member search, what am I supposed to see?

3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

upload_2019-10-24_8-7-52.png

This is what I see at the UK site. Maybe you are logged into a different Ancestry site. Or maybe it hasn't rolled out to everyone yet.

4. Helen7

Helen7 LostCousins Superstar

I get the same 'Member Search' screen from Peter's link, using the UK site. Interestingly, although it says to type 'first, last or username', if you type both first AND last name together it works - handy if the person you are seeking has their full name shown.

I find the 'Member Directory' - accessed from the Search menu (just below Card Catalogue) - works in the same way.

5. Pauline

Pauline LostCousins Megastar

I likewise see the same 'Member Search' screen if I use the link (though I haven't got 69 hints waiting for me!) but clicking on Member Directory under Search (in the menu bar) I get a different page. What's supposed to be different about the new enhanced member search? It seems much the same to me - but maybe I'm not making the best use of it.

6. Helen7

Helen7 LostCousins Superstar

Yes, I also see a different page for Member Directory, but it seems to do the same as the Member Search as far as I can see. Perhaps someone can explain what extra information is being offered by the new member search?

7. Heather

I am logged into the UK site and I get what you see at the top of the page (the black heading) but nothing underneath that, just blank. I tried Helen's suggestion but got the same blank section. As you say Peter maybe it is taking time to roll out to Australia.

8. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

I got to the above on the .com.au site by simply clicking on "Members Directory" under the "Search" menu

9. Heather

Thanks jorghes but I get the blank page on the uk or the au site.