1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Unlinked Trees

Discussion in 'DNA Questions and Answers' started by PhilGee, Oct 4, 2018.

1. PhilGee

PhilGee LostCousins Member

I haven't noticed a comment on this.... and I've only spotted it today. Ancestry DNA matches now show "No Trees", "Unlinked Tree" and "Tree unavailable" as well as "xx people".

Phil

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

It has been mentioned on a few blogs in the past week. It hasn't helped me so far, but it might possibly be useful in the future. Ancestry has always told users about unlinked trees - this change makes them a little more obvious.

The only problem is that the tree might not necessarily relate to the individual whose DNA matches - I had one of those this morning.

3. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

They're also colour coding the number of people - though they've gotten a little confused with it. They're using green for those with hints, and greying out those with private trees - however one of my cousins with a private tree isn't greyed out because it's green... but it also doesn't show the little padlock either.

I have found the "unlinked trees" useful in the past - but as Peter says, only if they related to the person who did the test!