1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

ThruLines not showing for some kits

Discussion in 'Ancestry' started by Julia, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Julia

Julia Member

I've had both of my parents DNA results linked to my account for about 3 years now, but ever since I added my husband's DNA results to my Ancestry account last year his ThruLines are showing just fine but my parents ThruLines aren't anymore!
    Instead, on the main page I see "(Name) is not connected to ThruLines yet." and when I click I get the message "We're sorry, this page is temporarily unavailable. You can try reloading the page, or come back later."

I've tried everything I can think of to get it to reappear - sent requests from my account, sent requests from my parents accounts, checked the settings etc so I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this.

How I'm getting around it is by opening up ThruLines in their accounts in one window, seeing as much as I can see without a subscription, then logging in on my site to continue - which is workable but a nuisance!

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I encountered this yesterday on my own results, but the message disappeared later. It may be that Ancestry were in the process of updating the ThruLines. So it's probably nothing to worry about.

3. Julia

Julia Member

I would agree Peter, but it's been like this every time I've logged in since last July!

4. peter

In that case I would suggest you check that you've linked the correct tree and that the individuals who tested are correctly identified within the tree.

5. Pauline

Pauline LostCousins Megastar

If you can see ThruLines in your parents’ own accounts then the tree links and settings must presumably be correct, and the problem must be something to do with viewing their results through your own account.

At the risk of suggesting the obvious, have you tried deleting cookies and cache?

6. peter

Another thought - did your parents test before Ancestry introduced the requirement for everyone to have their own account?

7. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

All my ThruLines are showing for all those who tested both before and after Ancestry required everyone to have an account.

8. Julia

Julia Member

Doh!
    I noticed that the invite to manage their account emails hadn't been accepted! I had received them and glanced through thinking that them having arrived was enough, but apparently the "Come check it out" was the activation link!
    I feel so stupid - though in my defense they could have said something to indicate that that was what it was! I had no need to check it out as I knew what was going to be on their trees!

9. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

Forgetting to click links is something we've all done!

Hopefully they all show now?

10. Julia

Julia Member

Yes, thank you - all as it should be, and more!