1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Three Compasses in Patchetts Green, near Aldenham in Hertfordshire.

Discussion in 'Comments on the latest newsletter' started by At home in NZ, Mar 5, 2022.

1. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

If it is tofu in the picture then it clearly isn't the menu item originally suggested, which might explain the other mismatches. I don't think we're any closer to figuring it out - the one thing we seem to agree on is how unappetising it looks!

2. Susan48

Susan48 LostCousins Superstar

I think it could be the Portobello mushroom, somewhat foreshortened in the picture. It's the right colour ...

3. Katie Bee

Katie Bee LostCousins Member

I don't think the photo shows anything on the menu.
    I think it is just a photo of fancy food to try to entice people to visit the pub.
    If you click to save image it is named 'img-little-lpine-sunday-lunch.jpg' and that is not a dish on the Sunday lunch menu.
    Roast Beef
    Roast Beef Roast topside of grass fed Irish beef 19
    Roast Chicken
    Roast free range chicken roasted on the crown 17
    (V) Nut Roast
    Definitely contains nuts! 14

I don't think any of the main course photos look like anything on the menu.

The square things in the photo look like potatoes and I do not know what the funny thing on the smear is or looks like.

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Crikey!

5. Having gone back to the website and spotted another photo made me wonder 'what do you think this mess is?'
    ThreeCompasses.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2022