1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

The USA military in the UK ?

Discussion in 'Military records' started by CarolB08, Jun 8, 2019.

1. CarolB08

CarolB08 LostCousins Member

Does any one know if the US Army, Airforce or Navy were based in the UK between 1916/1917 I have tried googling but all I get is pages on their bravery in France. Pure curiosity on my part, just trying to make some sense of my dna matches.
    Many thanks

2. Spotted this question and thought it was pity that nobody has replied.

I did a Google and found the website called military bases dot com. I haven't looked at much of it but did find out that RAF Lakenheath is run and operated by the US Air Force and was first used as a military base during World War 1.

I hope that helps.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. CarolB08

CarolB08 LostCousins Member

Thank you both for responding to my question, I shall have a good look at both web sites.