1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

The sun is shining

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by peter, Mar 9, 2014.

1. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

All the LostCousins members who are attending Genealogy in the Sunshine, including the speakers, have joined the forum - and they have their own private area, which is proving wonderfully useful for all sorts of reasons.

Perhaps not coincidentally, the moment I opened the Genealogy in the Sunshine area the sun started shining in England too!

2. AnneC

AnneC LostCousins Star

Hope you're having a great time, I'm really jealous that I wasn't able to join you. Luckily the sun is still shining in the UK, so that helps a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

There's always next time.....

4. AnneC

AnneC LostCousins Star

Good to hear there will be a next time, it must have been a success!

5. Katie Bee

Katie Bee LostCousins Member

It's not started yet! Registration this afternoon and school starts tomorrow 9am. sharp!
    Resort is lovely and weather sunny, roll on tomorrow.

6. AnneC

AnneC LostCousins Star

Yes of course. I shouldn't have got the dates wrong, I'm off to Leuven tomorrow on a training course which is the reason I couldn't join you all in Portugal. Hope the weather is not as good in Belgium so I don't resent being indoors all day!

7. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

Hmm 9am sharp? Probably better I didn't go then that's almost the middle of the night for me. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Katie Bee

Katie Bee LostCousins Member

Oh you did make me laugh!
    I thought it was only my son who thought it was the middle of the night at that time.

9. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

Reminds as a kid on a Saturday when my mate would call for me around 9am. (He lived with his Gran who insisted he was up and out by 9). I would hear my mother tell him to call back around 11 as 'Bobby doesn't surface before then on a Saturday'