1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

The 'I was there' interviews...

Discussion in 'Military records' started by Carla, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Carla

Carla LostCousins Star

Peter mentioned it in his last News Letter, so did anyone watch the program 'I Was There, The Great War Interviews on Friday 14th March? I did and was fascinated. It made you realise that the previous last Boer War in no way prepared anyone for how WW1 was to be fought. Men who enlisted thought it was going to be the 'glorious war' but the reality was so different. From enlistment, to down time in war, to being stoic in front of those at home, it was extremely interesting to listen to those men.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1