1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

The History of Essex

Discussion in 'More Essex resources' started by Jennie, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

I cannot do better than quote: From the haunting scenery of the salt marshes to its fields and picturesque villages, and from the River Thames to Britain's first capital and oldest recorded town, Essex has a fascinating past. Dip into the history of its towns, villages, parishes, and its people with History House.

An excellent site and if one of your areas of research, a real bonus.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

What a good site. Thank you very much, Jennie.

3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, Jennie - could you possibly help me out by combing History House for any information that we should add to the Essex Resources page?

By the way, I edited your post because the link had somehow acquired a different styling from the default, which would have meant that it wouldn't be altered automatically when we next change the link-styling.

• Agree Agree x 1