1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Suggestions for FTAnalyzer

Discussion in 'Family Tree Analyzer' started by Tim, May 25, 2013.

1. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

There is an IGI search facility in the program at present that worked with the old search that did precisely this it would trawl through your tree and fetch from family search web page results of everyone in your tree looking for children of those parents. However it doesn't work with the new search...yet!

2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Awesome :)

3. Alexander Bisset

Hmm interesting idea. It should be possible to create a report of people with that fact and perhaps to parse the numbers vs the children and report differences. I'll look into it.

4. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Thank you Alexander.

Perhaps the other thing we should do is to make a list of Custom Facts used in your program and the format it expects, so that new users could create the Custom Facts in their tree and gain further advantage from FTAnalyzer?

e.g. New Custom Facts
    "Lost Cousins", date format yyyy
    "Children Status", date format yyyy, description format "xx Total, xx Alive, xx Dead"

5. Alexander Bisset

Yes a custom facts page on the documentation is a good idea. It would need a list of what they are and why you should create them, with perhaps a link to how to do it on various FHPs.

6. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Shouldn't the Child Age Profiles report be the Parent Age report? Some LostCousins members seem to be using the Older Parents report to provide the data I've asked for.

7. DavidL

DavidL LostCousins Member

Alex: every time I open FTA my computer tries to connect with a Polish domain called Unizeto. It can't because of my security ban on unrecognized sites. Should I enable it?

8. Alexander Bisset

I can rename it for the next version.

The certificate authority that approved my certificate are based in Poland. It shouldn't have to connect to their site to verify it though. That sounds like you haven't installed the Root Certificates Patch from Microsoft via the Windows Updates. The Root Certificates Update was listed as an optional update last time I looked, so you may have to browse the optional updates and tick it to get the patch.