1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Save £30 on already-reduced Tesco wine LIMITED OFFER

Discussion in 'Peter's Tip of the Day' started by peter, Dec 16, 2014.

1. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I wasn't planning to buy any more wine for Christmas, but this was an offer I couldn't refuse:
    • Get £30 off when you spend £150 or more on Wine by the case using the code XXPLY7
    (If you click here when you go to the Tesco Wine website then LostCousins may receive some commission.)

Why is this such a good deal - because you can save three times over by buying Finest wines. For example, one of my favourites (when I can afford it) is Tesco finest Külapëlli Cabernet Sauvignon Carmenère from Chile.

The normal price is £7.99, but it's currently on offer at £5.99 - SAVING #1
    But you can also buy 2 6-bottle cases of Tesco Finest wine and save 20% - SAVING #2
    And then there's the £30 you save when you spend £150 or more - SAVING #3

Here's what I bought:

2 x Tesco finest* Külapëlli Cabernet Sauvignon Carmenère 75cl (6x75 cl) £71.88
    4 x The Vineyards Pinotage (6x75 cl) £95.76

Total £167.64 less £14.40 (2 cases of Finest) less £30 coupon = £123.24, average cost per bottle just £3.42

Delivery is free, but I had to choose next day delivery rather than time-slot delivery as there were no available time-slots before the end of December.

By the way, I didn't buy The Vineyards Pinotage just because it was cheap - it's actually very good (assuming you like full-bodied fruity reds), and goes well with any meat dish - including the Spaghetti Bolognese I made on Monday. (Check the customer reviews on the Tesco site for a second opinion.)

WARNING: the offer code can only be used 10,000 times (and ends on Sunday anyway); please remember to use the link above!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

Yes a nice offer Peter but sadly I cannot afford to spend £150 on wine, but would if I could. However I had to smile at your enthusiasm for a special offer as it goes entirely against the witticism (one of many) I received only this week in an email. It goes:

A man will pay £2 for a £1 item he needs. A woman will pay £1 for a £2 item that she doesn't need but its on sale.

Now I know that is a trite comment and certainly my wife does not act as the female depicted. However it not a million miles off the mark for me -usually when I see something I want and have no time or desire to hunt for it cheaper - but I must say the woman does fit my daughter to a tee.

3. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

But she may need it later on!

4. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately, I had just ordered on the Saturday before you posted this discussion. But mine was slightly different, it was spend £160 and get 1,500 clubcard points.

But thanks to Tesco's and Yodel (the courier)s' generosity, I have made a big saving.

I bought 5 cases (6 bottles in a case), and they normally put 2 cases in a bigger box or have a big case that takes 12 bottles. My daughter took delivery but only 2 boxes were delivered, i.e. 18 bottles. So the wife rang Tesco and asked what was going on. They said they'd get back within 24 hours. When they didn't she rang again. They where most apologetic. Couldn't understand why no one had contacted us. They created a new free of charge order for us to replace the undelivered box. This new order also attracted 63 clubcard points! Because of the messing about, they also credited my card for 2 bottles of wine. When asked what happened to the missing box, they said it was delivered to a Tesco store.

Being on next day delivery I did expect something to turn up, but it was not to be. However on the day after a box was delivered. This box had tape on it that said "Repackaged by Yodel" and on the label it said box 1 of 3 and it had the original order number on it. So I just assumed they had found the missing box and sorted it all out. Or was I just assuming too much?

And so on the 3rd day, yes, you guessed it, another box turned up. It was the replacement order!! It's still sitting there waiting for them, I must get round to ringing them... :rolleyes:

So in Summary,

I ordered 30 bottles of wine, received 42
    Only paid for 28 bottles
    And have received 1,500 + 163 +63 clubcard points.

So 3 Cheers to Tesco and Yodel!

christmas-stockings-smiley-emoticon.gif

5. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

Tim, do the extras count as unsolicited goods and hence become yours if not collected within a certain period of time, like a week from when they are notified, I believe?
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

6. Tim

That sounds fair :)

7. peter

Well done, Tim - I can only hope that when my order arrives today it is also short of a few bottles!

A tip for future reference - there's a link to Tesco Wine from the Newsflash page on the LostCousins site. If you go to Tesco Wine via that link there's a good chance that LostCousins will benefit (we certainly did when I placed my order).

8. Tim

Sorry Peter, I forgot to do that this time. :(

9. peter

[​IMG] You can now get Tesco Finest Premier Cru Champagne at an amazing price when you take advantage of this offer - a mere £7.89 per bottle for a very drinkable bubbly (with a RRP of £19.99). True, the Grand Cru is better - but at £24.99 it ought to be.

Order two cases at the reduced price of £77.94 each, down from £119.94, and you'll get an extra 20% off (Finest offer). Then use your £30 coupon to bring the price you pay down to just £94.70 for 12 bottles. Please remember to use this link!

• Agree Agree x 1