1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  3. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  4. Coronavirus Corner - a place to share your hopes, dreams, and frustrations.
  5. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

RootsMagic Treeshare

Discussion in 'Roots Magic' started by RuthP, Jan 7, 2020.

1. RuthP

RuthP New Member

I’m thinking of buying RootsMagic in order to download the tree I have an Ancestry, in order to download media copies of the sources. I know that I can download each one separately but have read that this is a quicker way if you have more than a few sources saved to the Ancestry tree.

Has anyone used this method, and how successful have you found it?

2. Tim

Tim Moderator Staff Member

I can't believe you can only do 1 media copy at a time?? If this is the case, then you should look at FTM2019 as you can completely synch multiple trees between Ancestry and your pc.

3. RuthP

RuthP New Member

Hi Tim, sorry I meant that in order to avoid downloading the source media individually which Ancestry caters for, I wanted to download copies of all the source media I have attached to my Ancestry tree. I’d read that both RootsMagic and FTM packages provided the ability to sync trees and media from Ancestry to PC. As I already have an offline tree on Family Historian I’d only be using the new package for this one off exercise, I was thinking of RootsMagic as it is less expensive than FTM.

4. PhilGee

PhilGee LostCousins Member

Would the free RootsMagic Essentials do the job or a RootsMagic free trial?