1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Removing Households

Discussion in 'Ask Peter' started by jorghes, Jun 22, 2015.

1. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

This might seem like a silly question, but I've just realised that one of the entries I have is wrong - sometimes my computer is slow when it changes the information for the census data and it must have delayed long enough for me to accidentally enter a household on the 1881 census when they should have been on the 1841!

Is there anyway to delete the incorrect entry?

2. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

I don't know of a way to remove a whole household with a single action but individuals can be deleted one at a time.
    Select the individual from the list of ancestors displayed on My Ancestors page and then click on the Delete button at the bottom of the Edit Ancestor page which gets displayed.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Or you can edit the existing entry - whether you want to edit or delete an entry start by left-clicking the person's name.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1