1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Quotes

Discussion in 'Any questions?' started by Carla, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Carla

Carla LostCousins Star

I know this has been covered right at the beginning but I have noticed something different with how I do something compared to other members.

I know how to use the speech marks to quote something from another post but other members quotes seem to show up (for example) 'Tim said' and then the quote. Mine only show up the actual quote I have copied. What am I doing wrong please, and does this make sense?

Here is an example of how I quote :(

2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Can you see the text Reply with Quote at the bottom right of everyone's post? Press that :)

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. Carla

Carla LostCousins Star

Thank you so much Tim......did you notice I used you as an example :)

4. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Lol, yes. :)