1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Pre-1841 Censuses

Discussion in 'More English Resources' started by Emma, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Emma

Emma Member

Just been reading in April's edition of FT mag about this resource - some members may well be aware of it already but it was new to me. Very informative and I have checked the Devon listings and made a find from 1698 in a village of interest to me. :)

2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Where is the resource located? :) Do you have a web address? ;)

3. Liberty

Liberty LostCousins Megastar

I think this is an article in a 'paper' magazine. But it's a good point - we should flag the pre-1841 censuses - perhaps the best place is in the relevant counties. I hace come across a few in Norfolk, which someone has kindly transcribed. Also worth warning people they don't give much info, or not the ones I've see anyway.

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Emma

Emma Member

Apparently originally published in 2004 by the History Department of the University of Essex - download address given as www.essex.ac.uk/history/staff_research/working-papers/mw-rw-bm.pdf. I found the one I was interested in on the Devon genuki page and I think this might be true for other counties as well.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  6. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Excellent Emma, a great discovery.