1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Parish records

Discussion in 'More Irish Resources' started by Gillian, May 1, 2015.

1. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

The National Library of Ireland has announced that it will be digitizing its parish records and as of July 8 will provide free online access. Parish records

• Thanks! Thanks! x 4
  2. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Sounds promising, especially if the records are all as good as the example shown when following your link Gillian.

3. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

Further to the report that the National Library of Ireland parish records will be available for free as of 8 July, I've just noticed in the IHGS newsletter that they are only Catholic parish registers. This is quite a disappointment, at least for me, as my people were C of I or Methodist, after the early to mid-18th century.

4. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

Hmmm, same here:(.