1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Oranges and Sunshine

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Alexander Bisset, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

There is what looks like a very interesting film on BBC1 just now called Oranges and Sunshine which is the story of the 130,000 children in care who were forcibly transported to Australia. A trailer is here

and the IMDB page for the film details is here

I thought those with Australian links might like to track down the film. I've set my sky box to record it and will watch at the weekend.

2. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

I feel sure that is the same programme that has been shown here previously. Such a rosy picture of life in Australia was painted by the authorities but the reality was completely different for most children.

3. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Oranges and Sunshine. I can recommend highly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

Great film, a must see.