1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Norfolk public houses

Discussion in 'More Norfolk Resources' started by Liberty, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Liberty

Liberty LostCousins Megastar

Norfolk Pubs

Not a Good Ale guide - lists licensees/publicans and the history of individual pubs

2. mummyj

mummyj LostCousins Member

This was a very useful site for me personally as it led to finding some of my family. Incredible to discover that your gt x 2 grandparents are portrayed there!
    It just goes to show that there are many ways to locate ancestors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Liberty

Liberty LostCousins Megastar

I don't know how generally true it is, but I found some of the pubs seem to have been handed from one relative to another. It has been worth looking at the names before and after the known relatives - sometimes a son-in-law or cousin took over.

• Agree Agree x 1