1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Newspaper Archives

Discussion in 'More Resources' started by Katie Bee, Mar 19, 2013.

1. GrahamSimons

GrahamSimons Member

French newspapers are available here; the search system isn't quite as intuitive as the BNA, I find. It's free, as is the Welsh site.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. Mike

Mike Member

Irish Newspaper Archives is offering free access to their collection. The offer is for 24 hours only and expires April 17th at 11:00 am (UK time)

http://www.irishnewsarchive.com/

User ID: freebie16
    Password: freebie16

• Thanks! Thanks! x 4
  3. Liberty

Liberty LostCousins Megastar

The revival of this thread reminds me that I have been having a fruitful time with 'Family Notices' on the national archive. One section of my family were upmarket enough (lawyers, saddlers, wine merchants, that sort of thing) to announce BMDs in the regional press. They don't actually say much but can be great for those (usually early 19c) marriages where the church records give very little info, and you're not sure from the church record who the parties were.