1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

New visual format ... but search isn't working well

Discussion in 'Findmypast' started by HelenB, Dec 21, 2019.

1. HelenB

HelenB Member

Trying to use FMP today and each search I try, I have to repeat over and over because I keep getting a message "Something went wrong at our end, please try again".
    Or on the rare occasions when that actually works, and I click to open my chosen record, "500 we can't complete that at the moment, please go back to the search page and try again".
    Because it sometimes works, I don't think it is actually down, just struggling. I'm thinking that either the nice new format has attracted lots of extra users who are overloading the site, or it can no longer cope with the usual user-base and needs some extra processing power.
    Anyone else seeing similar problems?

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Have you tried using a different FMP site? If people are trying out the UK site you might find it is quieter elsewhere.