1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

My GGF the celebrity

Discussion in 'Meeting my 'lost cousin'' started by Liberty, May 6, 2014.

1. DavidP

DavidP LostCousins Member

I like to tell people I am related to two Kings. However, they were Rachel and Mary (both my great great grandmothers) and their siblings married....... Not really a regal connection, is it?o_O

2. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

Several years ago I was reading Fire Down Below, the first book in a trilogy by William Golding, and suddenly on page 158 I came upon Dismal Jimmy. Much to my amazement I discovered that said dismal gentleman was my 3xgreat-granduncle, Admiral James Gambier, a gentleman apparently of almost morbid, religious principle.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1