1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Missing Children Status error (Fixed)

Discussion in 'Family Tree Analyzer' started by Gillian, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

Alexander, I'm so glad you're back. I've now downloaded the new ftanalyzer but I still have the same problem I had with the old one, that is, the following message against my grandfather:
    upload_2018-2-5_16-30-52.png :
    I've checked and re-checked the couple's children and I cannot find anything wrong. Edward married twice so he has five by his first wife (Eliza Gartside) and two by his second wife, Lilian Bousfield above. Here they are - as they appear in Legacy. Any suggestions?

upload_2018-2-5_16-33-17.png

2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Hi Gillian,

FTA is expecting to see this fact reported in this format : 5 Total, 4 Alive, 1 Dead . Not sure what numbers you have entered for this custom fact.

The other slight complexity is that you mentioned being married twice. Assuming that for Lilian both children were alive, when I add the shared custom fact to Lilian I would enter it as 2 Total, 2 Alive, 0 Dead.
    And I would also add a custom fact to Eliza that said 5 Total, 5 Alive, 0 Dead.

3. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

Thank you, Tim. I'll try and understand what you said and see what I can do .............. A bit later. I've now solved the problem I think. For some reason, totally inexplicable as I've no recollection of doing it, I've entered the two children of the second marriage (Terence and Sheilah) as a custom event called Children Status in 1911 (the census) 2 total 2 alive 0 dead. So now I've removed that event and everything should be OK. Now I understand what you suggest - that I enter a custom event for the children of the first marriage, too. But I'm happy just to delete the second one. Thar should solve the problem. Thank you, Tim.

4. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

Just checked. I uploaded a new gedcom to FTA and it's fine. No more mismatches. Once again, many many thanks, Tim.

5. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Pleasure :)

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2