1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Member versus Lost Cousins Member

Discussion in 'Any questions?' started by Gillian, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

I'm sorry if I've missed the point somewhere, but what is the difference between a Member and a Lost Cousins Member in discussions?

2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

A Lost Cousins member has added the code from the Lost Cousins site to their profile.

A member hasn't.

3. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

At present Gillian there are no special privileges awarded to Lost Cousins Member status. The plan is to have additional benefits for Lost Cousins members once the forums go live, as an additional reward for being a member. As Tim mentions there is a special coupon code on your Lost Cousins "My Summary" page at the bottom of the first light blue block.

To enter your code click on your forum name at the top right of the forum on the dark blue bar and select Personal Details from the menu. Then enter the coupon code there.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

Thank you very much Alexander and Tim. I'd got very behind with Lost Cousins during the summer and am only gradually getting back into the flow of things. Now I've added both my coupon code and my membership no. to my Personal Details.

5. Alexander Bisset

Hmm it's not showing a change of status for you yet. I can't recall if its instant or you need to log out and back in. I'll have a look. You did remember to click save at the bottom of the Personal Details page on the forum?

6. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

I logged out and in again and now it's there. Many thanks again.

7. Alexander Bisset

Ah good to hear that's what's needed it will help when others ask in future. Thanks.

8. Tim

Hi Gillian, sorry my first answer was brief, I was on the iPad and its a bit restrictive on what you can easily do in these message boxes.

I'm happy to say that I can see you as a Lost Cousins Member now. :)

9. Katie Bee

Katie Bee LostCousins Member

Your coupon code is: NOT YET AVAILABLE (you need to enter more relatives)

Boo hoo!
    How many relatives do I need for a code?

10. Tim

How many have you added? Can you add some more?

11. Katie Bee

Katie Bee LostCousins Member

Only 187 on there at the moment. Looking into who I can add.
    So updating my Family Historian database and checking with FTAnalyser.

12. Tim

Peter should be able to tell us what the figure is set at.

FTA is the way to go, start with the 1881 census reports, these are normally the easiest to add and, the ones that you're most likely to find a Lost Cousin!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1