1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Marriage Locator

Discussion in 'More British Isles Resources' started by Carolyn, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Carolyn

Carolyn LostCousins Member

The Marriage Locator enables you to interpret the Marriage Index created by the General Register Office for England and Wales. By using it you can determine where your ancestors were married - not just which Registration District, but which church"
    If you want a quick one to try use year: 1845 Qtr: 4 Vol: 7 Page: 486. If it cannot locate a church, it tells you where the entry is located, eg. "The entry is located between entries for Croydon St John the Baptist and Wallington, both in RD Croydon."
    This info came in my Queensland FHS Snippets newsletter and I thought others might find in interesting and maybe useful!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 8