1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Lives of the First World War - "India Regiments"

Discussion in 'India' started by Britjan, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

Lives of the First World War website volunteers have tidied up a number of their links to soldiers serving from the region during WWI.
    Here is what one of them posted "When Indian army names were entered onto Lives, quite a few had the whole name entered on to the surname field. The problem (other volunteers) and I have been having matching people in our communities and/or correcting the *incomplete* records is that Ancestry and other Genealogy websites entered the details for the Indian regiments correctly, as it is shown on the medal card. We three have lost a lot of valuable research time. Fortunately, I work in a wonderfully multicultural office, so can check the correct way to enter pretty much any nationality's surname combination."
    There are a number of communities for Indian regiments and if you are still having trouble identifying a relative who served p.m. me and I'll ask my LOTFWW "colleagues" for help .