1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Lights out?

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by Carla, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Carla

Carla LostCousins Star

Did anyone take part in the 'lights out' commemoration on Monday? We placed a lantern in our window at 10pm and although I spent a while thinking about my grandfather in particular, as he fought in WW1, I will confess to falling asleep. I do have a good reason though, as my husband and I had been out all day at a commemorative event (see my post '4th August 2014'). By all accounts many people did take part, and there was a stunning picture of Stonehenge in the newspaper the next day.

2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Yes, we took part and it was actively supported in the village. The rooms look so different in candle light.

3. AdrienneQ

AdrienneQ Moderator Staff Member

Yes I switched off the lights and watched the servcie

4. Norman

Norman LostCousins Member

We never have lights on in the evening, preferring to watch TV with just the aquarium lights on. We did put a candle in the front upstairs bedroom though.